22 / 11 / 2011
The Secrets of Holker's Festive Fayre Revealed
The secrets of some of Holker's sumptuous festive fayre will be revealed in an exclusive cookery demo with Master Baker Lynne Hornby and resident foodie Judith Wren.
On Thursday the 8th of December at 3pm the secrets of some of Holker's top festive fayre will be revealed at an exclusive cookery demonstration.
Holker's very own master baker Lynne Hornby (responsible for Holker’s delicious cakes & bakes) & our resident “foodie” Judith Wren (of Holker Food Hall fame) will be sharing their secrets for the perfect Christmas feast. Watch the masters at work then tuck in!
Lynne will make and bake a range of Christmas Fayre, using seasonal ingredients, some you will know and some you may not! They will guide you through all the steps and answer all those questions you’ve been meaning to ask. Amongst the goodies being produced are:
- Light as a feather Cranberry Scones – a seasonal take on an old favourite Mince Pies – containing a secret ingredient – all will be revealed
- Toffee, Apple and Pecan swirls – new at Holker this season
- Cup Cakes – topping the popularity charts at the moment and we’ll provide ideas for our toppings
- Christmas Cake masterclass – tips and secrets on how everyone can bake a better cake
- Brandy soaked Christmas Puddings – the finale to everyone’s fantastic festive meal
Tips and secrets plus recipes will be provided to take away and try at home. For those who want to take it easy, Lynne’s baking will be available to buy in the Food Hall. It’s Nigella without the satin and Mary Berry without the pearls!
Book tickets and find out more on the Holker Hall page of our website