Special menu created for Mother’s Day
WITH mother’s day just weeks away, thoughts turn to how best to say thank you to mums and grandmothers for everything they do all year round.
Now, the talented team at Holker Hall’s stunning Ilex Brasserie have unveiled a tantalising menu to bring families together on Sunday March 31.
There are three delicious starters to choose from. Guests can then select either The Ilex Mother’s Day Sunday roast – with rosemary and thyme-scented leg of lamb, roast English beef or roast loin or pork – or for those who fancy something lighter, delightful grilled seabass fillets or herb and spelt risotto.
This is followed by three delectable handmade dessert options – port wine poached pear with port gel, chocolate ganache and chocolate and sea salt ice cream; lemon posset with cream and lemon curd shortbread or The Ilex sticky toffee pudding with smashed honeycomb and cream anglaise.
The meal will be served in the beautiful, light-filled surroundings of The Ilex Brasserie, decorated with flowers from Holker Hall’s award-winning gardens and artwork created by members of the Cavendish family.
Two courses costs £19.95 per person, with three courses £23.50.
To book a table for this Mother’s Day treat call 015395 58328.
- Catch a rare glimpse behind the scenes with Holker’s kitchen garden tours
- The Secret Garden delights enchanted audience at Holker
- Classic children’s tale set to be brought to life this summer at Holker
- The Car’s The Star returns to Holker
- Visitors enjoy woodfired pizza and local ales at newly launched pop-up pub