Experience glorious autumn at Holker with a special garden tour and afternoon tea
ONE of the most spectacular seasons of the year is now upon us, as the gardens and grounds of Holker Hall are enveloped in the golden canvas of autumn.
Now, visitors can soak up the glorious colour surrounding the Grade II*-listed home with a special tour and afternoon tea event with head gardener Glyn Sherratt.
Taking place on Wednesday, October 16, it will see those taking part enjoy a fascinating, fact-packed guided walk around the award-winning gardens from 2pm.
Afterwards, the tour will retreat to the Ilex Brasserie for a tasty, home-produced afternoon tea.
Glyn, who trained at the renowned Kew Gardens in London, said: “The gardens are always changing so there’s something new to see throughout the year.
“The light is very different in the autumn. Seeing the hall bathed in golden sunshine is a special sight.
“People often think of spring or summer as the perfect months to visit a garden,” he added.
“But autumn, when the leaves begin to show a pallette of yellows, oranges and reds, really is a time to be savoured.”
Tickets for the autumn tour cost £25 per person. Places are limited, so must be booked in advance by calling 015395 58328.
- Spook-tacular Holker Hall to host The School of Magic this Halloween
- Experience glorious autumn at Holker with a special garden tour and afternoon tea
- Visitors enjoy the heat at Holker’s Chilli Fest
- Try it if you dare! Competitors prepare for Chilli Fest 2019
- Visitors enjoy classic day out at Holker’s summer food and plant fair