Jobs at Holker
Our latest vacancies can be found below.
Please click on one of the jobs to bring up more information.
Garden Volunteering Opportunities
We are looking to recruit a small number of volunteers to help with our work in the ornamental and kitchen gardens.
Volunteers will work alongside the garden team, assisting with the day to day maintenance and development of the gardens. This is a great opportunity to gain experience, learn new skills and improve your plant knowledge.
Click here for a role description
Click here for an application form
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PROPERTY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Property Services Department comprises a small team lead by the Property Services Manager; the team are responsible for repair and maintenance work on all Estate properties.
The Working Supervisor holds a key role within the Property Services Team supporting the Property Services Manager with planned and reactive maintenance work.
The successful applicant must have a flexible approach to duties undertaken and have the ability to work on own initiative, as well as being part of a team. Experience within the building and joinery trades is preferable and a good understanding of H&S policy and job related risk assessment is essential.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019
The Holker Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we would appreciate if you could complete our Equal Opportunities Form attached Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Sales Executive - Holiday Parks
Sales Executive – Holiday Parks
Holker Group comprises a diverse range of businesses operating on the 17,000 acre Holker Estate based in Cumbria. The Estate has landholdings on the Cartmel Peninsula, Kirkby in Furness and Barrow in Furness. Holker Hall is open to the public and the Holker Estate comprises many diverse business interests including farming, forestry, leisure, tourism, quarrying and property development. Employing around 250 staff, the Group has undergone continued change in recent years and further development of business activities will lead to sustained growth in the next five to ten years.
Central to Holker Group’s various enterprises are our holiday parks. Holker owns two very attractive and well-maintained parks in Cumbria with approximately 600 pitches across both sites. The Sales Executive role is new to Holker and provides a truly unique opportunity for an experienced and customer focused individual.
Job Title: Sales Executive
Reports to: Holiday Parks Manager
Salary & Benefits: We offer a competitive basic salary, a commission program related to sales and a discretionary bonus for achieving the annual target.
Liaising with: Holiday Parks Manager and Parks Staff
- A track record of success in selling caravans and/or lodges on holiday parks
- You will be proactive, bringing energy and enthusiasm to the role
- You will be a “people person” and must be able to demonstrate strong personal values of openness and integrity
- A strong commercially focused individual with demonstrable experience and first class references will thrive with Holker
- Driving license and own vehicle
- To generate a sales pipeline through on-line and off-line initiatives
- Work with the marketing team to develop and implement a marketing plan
- Manage the Social Media accounts for both parks and interact with Group initiatives
- Report KPIs on a timely basis and seek to continually improve overall park performance in conjunction with colleagues
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and events to promote the parks and raise awareness
- Implement a lead management system and manage appointments
- Ensure that all holiday home stock is presented and positioned well for sale
- Support customers on site, understanding their requirements, building relationships and leading the sales journey through to deal closure
- Ensure that sales are conducted in accordance within relevant regulations
- Build relationships with current holiday home owners, manufacturers, dealers and contractors
- Achieve targets through optimising volume and margin
- Strong financial awareness and an understanding of profit levers
- Comply the employer’s written procedures for the efficient operation of the Holiday Park
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be determined by the Holiday Park Manager, Chief Executive or the Holker Board
The Hall, Gardens, Cafe, Food Hall, Gift Shop & Ilex Brasserie is now open for the 2019 season.
2019 Opening Times
15th March - 3rd November
Wednesday to Sunday (+Bank Holiday Mondays)
Hall - 11am - 4pm
Gardens, Cafe, Food Hall & Gift Shop - 10.30am - 5pm