Jobs at Holker
Our latest vacancies can be found below.
Please click on one of the jobs to bring up more information.
Holker Hall is the home of the Cavendish family and one of the best-loved stately homes in Britain. Magnificently situated only a short distance from Grange-over-Sands and the expanse of Morecambe Bay, Holker Hall is set in exceptionally beautiful countryside with gardens that merge into Parkland framed by the Lakeland Hills.
In recent years there has been a significant investment in the visitor operation which has helped the Estate develop a distinctive offer and reputation in the northwest of England. The Administration Assistant will support the Visitor Services team in building on the achievements to date working closely with colleagues in Visitor Services but also in the retail and catering areas of the business as well as supporting the Estates team on an ad hoc basis.
The Administrator will be required to :–
- Assist the Visitor Services Manager in all duties associated with the Visitor Services Office, to ensure the effective organisation and administration of the Department.
- Website management.
- Database management.
- Social Media.
- Photograph Library.
- Assisting with all events.
- Group Bookings.
- Producing event posters.
- Season ticket allocation.
- Answering phone and day to day office duties.
- Alarming the New Wing when necessary.
- Event debt chasing & taking payment for stands.
- Assist with floats and setting up both day to day and events.
- Meet and greet visitors.
- Any other duties that may be required to assist in the efficient running of the Visitor Services Office.
- Administration experience gained in an office based environment.
- Demonstrable track record of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and professionalism.
- Must be IT literate and excellent knowledge of applications including all Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Possession of a clean UK driving licence.
Additional specific tasks and variations to be outlined in the annual appraisal documentation.
For more details please email email@example.com
The 2021 season will run up until 7th November.
Our Christmas opening then takes over with the following opening times and dates:
Cafe, Gift Shop & Food Hall open -
Friday 12th Nov - Sunday 14th Nov / Friday 19th Nov - Sunday 21st Nov
Hall, Gardens (first two formal sections), Cafe, Gift Shop & Food Hall open -
26th, 27th & 28th November
1st - 5th December
8th - 12th December
15th - 19th December
Dates and Times
Café / Gardens / Gift Shop / Food Hall – Wednesday-Sunday, 10.30am - 5pm
Hall – Wednesday-Friday, 11am – 4pm
Please note that the Hall will be running pre-booked guided tours on the hour. Tickets need to be booked no later than 24 hours in advance of your visit. Click here to book your tickets.
Garden tickets will not be refunded on account of bad weather.